Find out about our acceptance guidelines and if you may be eligible for our services.
If you have been denied government benefits, or if you have had your grant reduced or terminated, we may be able to help. Please call if you don't understand the reason for the action or if you believe the action was wrong.
Cases we normally handle:
- Cash Assistance - For families, single adults, people with disabilities
- Emergency Assistance - Utility shut-off, unpaid rent, eviction
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) and Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare, MNsure
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) denial or termination
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) denial or termination
- Unemployment Insurance
- Disqualification from work under Background Study Act
- Revocation of Child Care License
- Garnishment of your paycheck or bank account
- Expungement of past criminal record (limited situations)
General & Cash Assistance
- ApplyMN is Minnesota's secure, online system you can use to apply for health care, cash assistance, SNAP (food support), emergency help, and child care assistance programs.
- GovBenefits.org is a free, confidential tool that helps you find government benefits you may be eligible to receive.
- Minnesota Department of Human Resources - Fact Sheets
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program
- LinkVet provides information on veteran's benefits, healthcare, education and reintegration.
- Veteran's Affairs
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services helps people with disabilities who need services to prepare for work or to find and keep a job.
- Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Minnesota Health Care Programs:
- Cold Weather Rule Answers and information from MN Public Utilities Commission.
- Heating Assistance Programs
- Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) provides information on Food Stamps and other food assistance programs.
- Food Stamps / Food Support
- How to Apply for SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Minnesota SNAP