Information Technology Specialist
WORK REMOTELY THREE DAYS EVERY WEEK!
Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. (SMRLS) is seeking to fill a full-time IT Technical Support position based in either Mankato or Albert Lea, MN. This position will provide support to offices located in Winona, Rochester, Albert Lea, Mankato and Worthington.
As Minnesota’s oldest legal aid program (founded in 1909), SMRLS has established a tradition of partnership with the private bar, a bi-partisan legislature, the Supreme Court and other Minnesota Legal Service Coalition programs in providing access to justice. SMRLS has an experienced, dynamic staff of 60 attorneys, plus 45 additional staff members located in 9 offices throughout the 33 counties in Southern Minnesota. SMRLS serves roughly 20,000 eligible persons each year. SMRLS is a client-centered organization which is committed to its mission of providing a full range of high-quality legal services, in a respectful manner which enable clients to: enforce their legal rights; maintain freedom from hunger, homelessness, sickness and abuse; empower persons and ensure equal opportunity, thus, helping persons to help themselves and to become economically self-reliant, to the extent their individual abilities and circumstances permit. SMRLS values, welcomes and promotes diversity in all aspects of its work and has adopted practice standards and guiding principles to accomplish its mission.
1. Provide technical support for staff
- Respond to support tickets by providing hands on computer hardware and software support to internal users within 24 hours of initial request.
- Communicate effectively with staff to identify problems, determine root causes, and provide solutions.
- Escalate support requests to third party IT vendor when unable to resolve in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with internal IT staff and external vendors to resolve problems and implement solutions, as appropriate.
- Provide training and on-going support to internal users regarding the efficient use of computer systems and resources.
- Provision new and replacement equipment for internal users and provide set-up support
- Provide IT training to new personnel with special emphasis on SMRLS usage of software and systems.
- Update, reconfigure, install and move IT equipment as required.
- Assist with system data mining as requested.
2. Other duties to include, but not limited to:
- Track hardware and software deployment and update SMRLS’ IT inventory.
- Work collaboratively with staff, administration, external vendors and others to create, maintain and support a secure IT environment for SMRLS.
- Other technology related projects, as appropriate for the firm.
- Learn and demonstrate adherence to SMRLS’ Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft office applications and other common software
- Knowledge of and experience with computer hardware and software configuration, installation and support.
- Experience with IT support in a fast-paced office environment and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication, listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work constructively with others in a team setting and independently to complete assignments
- Exhibit good judgment, ability to learn quickly, and to work independently , effectively, and efficiently under pressure;
- Demonstrate superior time management and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and accommodating in work assignments;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds;
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 1 years of experience required; AS degree or higher preferred
- 2 years prior customer service experience or IT support experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows 10, VoIP, Sophos, Networking, Access, PowerShell, Active Directory, or Microsoft 365 Admin Center a plus
Starting date: Immediate Opening
Rate of pay: Starting salary $46,042+ DOE, pursuant to SMRLS’ salary scale with excellent, affordable benefits.
Submit Resumes with references to: Human Resources, SMRLS, 55 East Fifth Street, Suite 800, St. Paul, MN 55101; firstname.lastname@example.org.