Refugee, Immigrant, and Migrant Services


Are you a refugee, asylee, or U visa holder that needs to apply for permanent residence? If so, we may be able to help. We also help permanent residents apply to become US citizens and assist in replacing lost, stolen, or expiring documents. We can also help immigrant victims of domestic violence and violent crimes apply for immigration status.

Cases we normally handle:

  • Applications for permanent residence
  • Naturalization and Citizenship applications
  • Applications for victims of domestic violence and violent crimes
  • Replacement of lost, stolen or expiring documents
  • Family visa petitions (limited)

Please note that SMRLS does not handle asylum cases, TPS cases, DACA cases, DAPA cases, NACARA cases, cases for immigration detainees, and cases in removal (deportation) proceedings in Immigration court. We handle very limited family visa petitions.

We speak Spanish, Khmer, Hmong, Lao, and Thai. We can provide interpreters for other languages.



Farm Workers

Do you work in agriculture anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? If you have not gotten paid for your work, we may be able to help. We help farm workers with problems at work, public benefits cases, housing problems, and some immigration cases.

Cases we normally handle:

  • Problems with crew leaders
  • Work contracts
  • Wage claims
  • Public benefits
  • Immigration
  • Housing problems

To reach Farm Worker Staff call: 1-800-652-9733 (St. Paul) or 1-800-832-5575 (Moorhead). Se habla español.

Leave Site