Grants Manager, St. Paul, Minnesota
Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. (SMRLS) is seeking a Grants Manager located at its St. Paul, Minnesota office. The Grants Manager will report to the Director of Philanthropy and is responsible for maintaining and expanding funding by managing and applying for private, state and federal grants.
SMRLS is a non-profit law firm which receives federal, state, local, public and private funding to provide free legal help to low income and elderly people who reside in 33 counties of southern Minnesota, as well as the areas served by its agricultural farm worker unit throughout Minnesota and North Dakota. As Minnesota’s oldest legal aid program (founded in 1909), SMRLS has established a tradition of partnership with the private bar, a bipartisan legislature, the Supreme Court and other Minnesota Legal Services Coalition programs in providing access to justice. SMRLS has an experienced, dynamic staff of approximately 60 attorneys and 45 additional staff. Hundreds of volunteer attorneys help staff provide legal assistance to over 10,000 eligible persons each year.
SMRLS is a client-centered organization which is committed to its mission of providing a full range of high quality legal services, in a respectful manner which enable clients to enforce their legal rights; to maintain freedom from hunger, homelessness, sickness and abuse; and to empower persons and ensure equal opportunity, thus, helping persons to help themselves and to become economically self-reliant, to the extent their individual abilities and circumstances permit. SMRLS values, welcomes and promotes diversity in all aspects of its work. SMRLS has adopted practice standards and guiding principles to accomplish its mission.
- Prepares and submits proposals and reports in accordance with RFP’s and requirements of public and private funding sources.
- Maintains grant files and electronic documents needed for applications.
- Partners with managing attorneys and other leaders to prepare and submit information required by funders, remaining compliant with grant assurances and applying grant industry best practices to maximize the likelihood of continued grant funding.
- Monitors and ensures SMRLS is compliant with all grant requirements.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in comparing and evaluating grant and fundraising opportunities and makes recommendations to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Coordinates and prepares information for meetings and monitors visits with funders.
- Establishes and maintains strong positive relationships with funders.
- Researches and identifies potential new funding based on SMRLS’ needs, as determined by the Director of Philanthropy.
- Manage funder grant opportunities and deadlines in GrantHub.
- Supports Director of Philanthropy with event operations and general duties of the department.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- 3-5 years professional grant writing experience including preparation and management of grants.
- Experience with fundraising campaigns and events including solicitation and tracking of donations.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion when necessary
- Experience with donor management software required, use of Donor Perfect and/or GrantHub preferred
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at once
- Some travel throughout Minnesota may be necessary.
- Ability to work with a broad cross-section of SMRLS’ stakeholders required.
DOE pursuant to scale. Good benefits provided.
As soon as possible. AAEOE
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to:John Joachim55 East 5th St., Ste 1000St. Paul MN 55101
Or apply online.